Brian J. Collins has more than 27 years of trial experience representing clients in the area of criminal defense in both state and federal court. Brian has gained a reputation of handling high-profile homicide cases garnering national attention. He has appeared on "Geraldo" and "Forensic Files" and was featured in the true crime best-seller, "Blood Crimes" by author Fred Rosen.
Brian obtained his law degree from The Delaware Law School of Widener University in 1986. While at Widener, Brian was a member of the Moot Court Honor Society. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in 1983 from Widener University. Brian is also a graduate of Easton Area High School.
Brian is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Lehigh and Carbon County Bar Associations, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and American Inn of Courts-Donald E. Wieand Barristers Inn. In addition, Brian is certified by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court Continuing Legal Education Board as defense counsel in capital cases.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense 100%
- Criminal Law-Federal (White Collar Crime)
Certified Legal Specialties
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Continuing Legal Education Board as defense counsel in capital cases
- Pennsylvania, 1986
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1992
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1999
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware
- J.D. - 1986
- Widener University, Chester, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1989
- Easton Area High School
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Lehigh and Carbon County Bar Associations, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers , Member
- American Inn of Courts-Donald E. Wieand Barristers Inn, Member
- Tau Kappa Epsilon