Robert J. Magee
Bob was born in Norristown, Pennsylvania, and has been a resident of the Lehigh Valley since graduating from the Temple University School of Law. After high school, he spent three years in the U.S. Army, including a tour of duty in Vietnam. After his tour, he attended Kutztown State College, graduating summa cum laude in 1976, and it was there that he met his wife of more than 32 years and developed a love of the Lehigh Valley. Bob then graduated from Temple University School of Law in 1979. After spending his first year after law school as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Michael Franciosa in Northampton County, he arrived at Worth Law Offices, now Worth, Magee & Fisher, where he has been ever since, representing and advocating for the rights of victims of personal injury caused by the conduct of others.
Bob handles a variety of personal injury matters, including car accidents, slip and fall injuries, product liability, and civil rights/police misconduct cases. Bob has won six-figure jury verdicts and multimillion-dollar settlements. His practice also includes workers' compensation, Social Security, employment and unemployment law.
He has experience before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission, and he also represents clients at unemployment compensation hearings.
Bob is a member of the Lehigh County, Carbon County, and Pennsylvania Bar Associations, the Federal Bars for the Middle and Eastern Districts of Pennsylvania, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, and the Pennsylvania Association for Justice and the American Association for Justice, both professional organizations which advocate for the rights of victims of negligence and other types of misconduct.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury Litigation 50%
- Workers Compensation 15%
- Employment Law 15%
- Social Security 10%
- Civil Rights 10%
- Pennsylvania, 1979
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1982
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1988
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2012
- Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1979
- Kutztown University, Kutztown, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1976
- Honors: summa cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lehigh and Carbon County Bar Associations, Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice (Formerly Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers' Association, Member
- American Association for Justice (Formerly American Trial Lawyers' Association), Member
- Lehigh County Bar Association Board of Directors, Former Member, 1982 to 1986
- Penn State University Paralegal Program- Civil Law and Procedure and Criminal Law, Former Adjunct Professor, 1983 to 1987
- Concern, Professional Services for Children, Youth and Families, Former Member, Board of Directors, 1981 to 1985
- Walnutport Playground Association, Former Secretary and Member, Board of Directors, 1993 to 1999
Past Employment Positions
- U.S. Army
- Honorable Michael Franciosa in Northampton County, Judicial Clerk